Get five copies of The Communications Golden Hour and save. This “smart, practical guide” is a must for both experienced and new public information officers.
By reading this book, you will learn:
- How to organize public communications so that crucial public safety information can get out rapidly.
- Ways to streamline planning and preparation so that emergency responders can put most of their effort towards situation-specific issues.
- Factors that make some messages work better than others – how to choose the right words.
- Skills that make an spokesperson effective in an emergency.
- How to account for special groups or other elements that make your community’s communications unique.
Once the importance of the first 60 minutes was recognized and trauma care was streamlined around that golden hour, survival rates after car crashes and other major injuries improved dramatically. The same systematic approach works for communications, too.
The Communications Golden Hour provides a framework that streamlines planning, preparation and training for emergencies large and small, from natural disasters to major crimes and everything in-between.
By separating what needs to happen in every emergency from details that are situation-specific, public information officers can focus on crafting and distributing the most effective messages when every minute counts.
The book includes step-by-step guides and templates to help communicate effectively in urgent situations.